You have probably seen celebrities with picture perfect smiles and waves that they always perfect for the cameras on the red carpet. But do you know what celebrities look like when they’re off camera?
Photographer Andrew H. Walker has taken several pictures of celebrities. For the 2016 Toronto Film Festival, he decided to do something a little different.
Walker placed a piece of tape on a table and got several “A-list” celebrities to pose on either side of it as their “public” and their “private” selves. However, he set one rule – They couldn’t cross the tape line, so he could composite the photos later. It was entirely up to them when it came to choosing which side of the tape they performed on?
Here are 16 photos which are some of the highlights of the 51 photos that Walker managed to take. Who knew so many A-listers would be willing to step forward!
1. Elizabeth Moss:
2. Anne Hathaway: Having to deal with being both loved and reviled, Hathaway has had her fair share of struggle on her journey. Perhaps that explains the conflicting facial expression and body language.
3. Mahershala Ali: Every star has two sides to them. Ali appears to have a funny and animated side as well as a calm and collected one.
4. Chadwick Boseman. Public or private, it looks like Boseman still wears the same serious gaze.
5. Felicity Jones: Do you think Jones is naturally chipper? Do you think she’s a bit quieter and reserved in real life? I wonder if Walker will ever reveal which photo is which.
6. Jane Lynch: Jane Lynch is known to be pretty animated in real life so the fact that both of these photos are full of expression and character is to be expected.
7. Richard Gere: Looks like he shies away from the attention sometimes but it looks like he still has fun either way.
8. Rami Malek: Looks like one side of him is wide-eyed and alert and the other one is a bit closer to his character on Mr. Robot.
9. Sandra Oh: One side of Sandra seems to be lost in the clouds and the other is akin to a deer in the headlights. Maybe that’s the expression you’ll get if you run up to her on the street.
10. Lupita Nyong’o: Lupita is always glowing, but sometimes she’s fearless and other times she’s a bit lost or confused.
11. Amy Adams: Either Amy isn’t always a glamorous debutante or her real personality is a lot happier than the characters that she plays.
12. Oscar Isaac: Regardless of being in private or public, it looks like Oscar is always struggling to stay awake.
13. John Legend: This guy has worked hard to produce and write so much music. However, the reflective expression is a reminder that good art comes from inspiration and hard work.
14. Parker Posey: From this photo, it appears that Parker is both a person being judgemental and a person being judged.
15. Jeffrey Tambor: Well, it looks like one side of Jeffrey can see better than the other.
16. Sigourney Weaver: Although Sigourney is always on camera and has been in the entertainment industry for years, it looks like there’s a side of her that constantly wants to run away.
Please SHARE this post with your friends and family on Facebook!
Don’t forget to 🖤LIKE🖤 US on Facebook!